Turn a summer kitchen into a yoga studio
This is the inside of an out-building on my property. It is native wood construction on a concrete foundation. It is 20′ from east to west and 16′ from north to south. It was built in approximately 1901 along with the main house on the homestead. It is the perfect size to do a little yoga studio for my wife.
I have a lot of work to turn this summer kitchen into a yoga studio, but a little hard work will pay off in the long run and turn this currently unusable space into something my wife will enjoy for years to come.
This post will serve as a running list of projects left to do as well as links to projects completed for total yoga domination.
If you’ve followed along with previous posts, you may recognize that I have already replaced the roof on this building. It had gaping holes in it, so that’s where I started this remodel. I didn’t see a point in improving the inside if water could also get in. With a new roof, these are the projects left to do before the yoga studio can become a reality:
- Remove the rotten floor and misc. junk
- Assess the existing joists for their integrity (FYI, they were completely rotted…)
- Remove all old joists and do cleanup
- Remove old well apparatus
- Make a parts list for flooring/order wood
- Replace framing / structural damage
- Build a new floor with joists, sheathing, insulation
- Remove Old Windows / Install windows
- Install new exterior door / build a door frame / Door hardware installation
- New electrical system / breakers installed and upgraded
- Ceiling joist cleanup and staining for a unique ceiling
- Run new wiring for can lights, recepts, attic lighting, and baseboard heat
- Install drywall
- Install custom reclaimed wood wall
- Paint Walls
- Install Cork Flooring
- Install baseboard heaters and thermostat
- Install trim, window sills
- Install curtains
- Ikea shelves / custom yoga mat holder
- Secret project for my wife
- Build and install monkey bars and punching bag in studio
- Install TV and DVD player for yoga studio.
- Build entry stairs for studio
- Exterior work / painting / siding / misc.
- Host an open house party for my wife’s yoga clients!
This is a monumental project! It seems that to turn a summer kitchen into a yoga studio will be the biggest single project I’ve tackled to date, but hopefully will be the most rewarding as well.
As I complete tasks above, there will be links to the related project posts.
Please comment and share the projects with anyone you think would benefit from it!
Turn a summer kitchen into a yoga studio — No Comments
HTML tags allowed in your comment: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>